Planning to buy bathroom kitchen vanities? Most house owners do not know the correct difference between the use of bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinets which is used to store cooking related things like dinnerware. In this article let us discuss some differences between the bathroom and kitchen cabinet and also their uses.
How to buy bathroom kitchen cabinets?
For both the kitchen cabinet and bathroom cabinet the construction, design and finish will be same. They have only minor differences. Size and depth of the cabinet is the main difference between both kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Normally the depth of the kitchen cabinets will be twenty-four inches and the depth of bathroom cabinets will be twenty-one inches.
The second major difference is the height of the cabinets. The height of the bathroom cabinet will be less when compared with the height of the kitchen cabinets. Usually, the height of the bathroom cabinet will be thirty-one inches and the height of the kitchen cabinet will be thirty-four inches. Some cabinet manufacturers construct a bathroom cabinet at thirty-four inches which is same as the height of the kitchen cabinets. The users need not bend too much because of these three inches extra height.
If you want you can match the look of both kitchen cabinet and bathroom cabinet or you can select contrast design for the cabinets. But it must not compromise floor space and storage space.
Many house owners use kitchen cabinet as the bathroom vanity for their comfort because finding the comfortable bathroom vanity as per our need is very difficult. In this case the house owners and the designer use kitchen cabinet as bathroom vanity.
Advantages of using kitchen cabinet as bathroom vanity:
- Using a kitchen cabinet as bathroom vanity create more place for storage since the height and depth of the kitchen cabinet will be more. So you can use the extra space for storing toiletries and laundry things.
- The countertop space will be also more so that you can use that space for storing cosmetics item and other bath related items.
Disadvantages of using kitchen cabinet as bathroom vanity:
- Kitchen cabinet will have drawers in it. So if you are planning to use it as a bathroom cabinet then the drawers must be removed and after that, the faces must be glued to for a cabinet structure.
- Bathroom cabinet should not have drawers in it because of the plumbing work.
- Before using the cabinet in the bathroom you must seal the wood to prevent it from moisture damage.
- Changing the kitchen cabinet as bathroom vanity will take extra time and it also needs extra human effort and money.
- Check the available space before using the kitchen cabinet as a bathroom cabinet.
The initial price will be more for both buying a new cabinet as well as changing the kitchen cabinet into bathroom vanity. People who are short will not be comfortable in changing the kitchen cabinet as the bathroom vanity whereas tall people like to use kitchen cabinets for their bathroom also.