The most important criterion about selecting a mattress is to ensure that you do it often. Although mattress manufacturers and sales associates advise you to replace your mattress in every five to seven years, the experts often recommend that good mattresses often last for eight to ten years. But the issues that the mattresses often face include bumps or lumps, coils that can be felt with hand or back pain. So, to make sure that the mattress lasts for long, it is necessary to invest in the padded mattress cover, vacuum these regularly to keep the allergens at bay, and turn or flip the mattress once every year.
- Shop around: There is no point in shopping for a new mattress, but while it comes to shopping a mattress while it is affecting your health and happiness. Finding the right mattress Canberra can take up to a few weeks of time. As mattresses often vary from one store to another, therefore it is better to hit up several shops.
- Do the necessary research: Before visiting the store, go through the reviews of the brands of mattresses that fit your budget. Checking the review websites is a good place to start, but at the same time, you should follow the client reviews mentioned on the website of each seller. Also, check what people think about the brand. Performing the research will also offer a complete idea of the general customer satisfaction and the price points. At the same time, I never miss the telltale signs of fake online reviews.
- Test out the mattresses: Test never means that you have to lie back on the mattress Canberra for a few seconds and then hop off. In case you find that the mattress has a good fit, then take your time with it. Spend a minimum of five minutes’ time on each side as well as on your stomach and back.
- Use the mattress for a trial period: There are a number of mattress manufacturers, who allow the buyers to test the mattress for a month for free. There are some others, who offer a complete refund after a month in case the buyer is not satisfied with the result. But never live and die by this trial period.
- Go through the return policy thoroughly: Even after testing the mattress in the store, there are times when you may not be satisfied with the outcome and want to return the mattress. In this case, it is better to check the return policy of the manufacturer thoroughly. Some of the retailers may sneak restocking fees into the return policy or may ask you to ship back the mattress to the store on your own dime. So, check the length of the policy and how much the return policy would cost.
- Check the warranty period: This is another important thing that you must not forget to check while buying a mattress Canberra. Warranty is an important part of the customer support system of any brand. So, the longer the warranty period, it would be that better.